At Verandah House we are in the middle of a huge showroom makeover, so what perfect timing to share our favourite colours we are using in our showroom and client projects. We have listed our top favourite colours and how we love using them today.
1. Duck Egg Blue - we are loving this colour painted on cabinetry in full gloss or low sheen depending on the look we are trying to achieve. We are loving using lots of hand-block printed fabric's in soft blues and linens; they have a unique, timeless, organic feeling and add a relaxed stylish look to our sofas and furniture pieces. We are using blues in silk wallpaper especially in bedrooms and dressing rooms to add texture and glamour.
2. Grey - Grey is the perfect neutral to layer colour and interest, we especially love using it on joinery - whether it be grey stained timbers or painted finishes, this colour works back perfectly with marble, silver or brass fixtures.
3. White - When we think white we often lean towards nougat, wintery whites rather than the stark whites used so often, its a calmer, more gentle look and instantly gives you the feeling of comfort within a home. Millwork detail to walls and joinery makes white less boring and a whole lot more interesting, we are loving some of our new lighting fixtures coming to VH especially the chandelier we have posted here today.
4. Navy Blues - For as long as I can remember blue has always been our signature colour, regardless of whether we choose a denim, powder or indigo to a rich deep navy, this timeless colour has so much appeal regardless of whether a home is modern or classic. We love all walls in a room painted a deep navy, on joinery and of course in soft furnishings, never has the colour not been in fashion, its timeless, appealing and never dates.
5. Chocolate - Yes, chocolate and its good enough to eat! At VH we call it the new black, is softer, just as dramatic as black but works back with so many colours, currently in our showroom we are mixing chocolate and aqua blue, we are seeing it painted on joinery and we are loving using chocolate seagrass wallpaper with lots of white trim and millwork for a more dramatic contrast. When the fashion industry gets hold of this colour you can be guaranteed to start seeing it in our homes too!
6. Hunter Green - We are absolutely obsessed with Hunter Green, what a perfect colour for a den, library or study, work it back with plaids and warm timber tones, we are loving it back with wall art for a striking look to a room.
Image Credits: image 3&18 Ashley Wittaker, Ralph Lauren Home, Pinterest, Verandah House